Categorical Waivers for Buy American announced by U.S. Department of Energy
Please click here
for the latest information regarding waivers for Buy American provisions of ARRA.
For help with guidelines for Buy American provisions of ARRA funding, please click here.
For help with guidelines for Davis-Bacon provisions of ARRA funding, please click here.
For help on the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) as it relates to EECBG grants, please click here.
The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act 2009 (ARRA) includes stimulus funds for the implementation of programs for the purpose of:
- Stimulating the creation or increased retention of jobs
- Saving energy
- Increasing energy generation from renewable sources
- Reducing greenhouse gas (GHG) emission.
- Reducing fossil fuel emissions in a manner that is environmentally sustainable and, to the maximum extent practicable, maximizes benefits for local and regional communities;
- Improving energy efficiency in the building sector, the transportation sector, and other appropriate sectors.
The South Carolina Energy Office is administering ARRA funds through several programs:
- State Energy Program (SEP)
- Energy Efficiency and Conservation Block Grant Program (EECBG)
- Energy Assurance Planning
- ENERGY STAR Appliance Rebate Program (details to be announced 12/09)
The U.S. Department of Energy is regularly announcing new funding opportunities in the areas of energy efficiency, energy infrastructure and storage, fossil energy, hydrogen and fuel cells, nuclear energy, renewable energy, and transportation. Please click here for further information about these programs.
The South Carolina Weatherization Assistance Program, part of the Governor’s Office of Economic Opportunity, has received approximately $58 million to assist low-income residents with reducing their energy bills. Please click here for a link to their website.